Sunday, February 14, 2021

My Bedtime Reading

 As many of you know, I am unable to read for pleasure. One of the things that law took away from me was the ability to sit down and simply pick up a book and read it non-analytically. It is something I have just come to accept.

What I AM able to read are things like legislation. So, while others were reading the latest novel by Louise Penny, I read the 419 page defense appropriations bill. That was the warmup to the $1.4 trillion budget bill that contained Covid relief – 5,593 pages. There’s some interesting stuff packed inside that bill, but that’s a discussion for a later time. Once thing I CAN tell you is that the butler didn’t do it.
Most of my reading since mid-November, though, has been the litigation following the November election. I have read all of the complaints, exhibits, replies, briefs, oral arguments and orders in the 62 cases that have been brought and argued in a variety of state and federal courts. This totals in the neighborhood of 400-500 documents. Thousands and thousands of pages.
I mention all of this only to indicate that I have a bit of understanding of the complexities of the arguments that have been brought forward – and the evidence underlying them. The conclusion is unescapable. There was no massive fraud in the elections. The elections were not rigged. Biden won.
So you can forget all of the hand-wringing and caterwauling on Fox, Newsmax, Parler and the like. You can dismiss the stacks of purported affidavits that will be plopped on desks in the next few days. You can close your ears to Navarro, Wood, Powell, Guiliani, McEneny, Trump and the posturing Congresscritters. On January 20th, Biden will be sworn in as the next president. The voters have spoken, the rule of law has prevailed, and it will continue to do so. Thank God. [Written January 3, 2021]

No comments:

Post a Comment